About This Project
Americans are being trained to hate their own Country.
We are under a spell by divisive people who are trying to reshape the national spirit. Even the celebration of Independence Day is becoming a political hazard. We have Cori Bush tweeting that “American Freedom is only for white people, [America] the land was stolen land, and black people still aren’t free” and Colin Kaepernick posting that he “rejects your celebration of white supremacy and looks forward to liberation for all.” Olympian Gwen Berry has turned her back on the National Anthem claiming it disrespects Black Americans and The New York Times believes the mere flying of a flag is a “clue… to a person’s political affiliation”. [IE: Trump supporter] AND CNN celebrated 100 Years of China’s Communist Party!
Even Marvel Comics is joining in on the hate with their special 4th of July edition depicting Captain America slamming the American dream as “a lie” and promoting open borders. What should be a symbol of innocence and fun for children is now a propaganda machine manipulated by Disney.
Likewise, it’s seeped into Country Music. Check out the lyrics of Toby Keith’s New Song, “Happy Birthday America”. No one talks about what is good or right in the United States, yet Biblically it’s important to celebrate a country’s birthday. It creates a sense of national pride that is essential for the spirit of the country. It was for this reason that God commanded the Israelites to celebrate the yearly Passover with 7 days of celebration.
In the Bible and Life of David we get the Truth about Justice, reparations, and the answer for a Nation at odds with itself. The Bible is about JESUS. David points us to the King we need in a world saturated by rebellion. Jesus is the one who died and was exposed for our sins. If we don’t come back to God, we will never be right in this world.
“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God.” ~1 Peter 3:18
Theme: BIBLICAL TRUTH ABOUT JUSTICE
Scriptures Studied: Exodus 23:15; Deuteronomy 16:1-8; Number 9:13; Matthew 7:2; Luke 11:17; Isaiah 61:8; 2 Samuel 20; 1 Kings 2:5; 2 Samuel 21; Exodus 20:5; Ezekiel 18:20; Joshua 9:18-20; Romans 12:17-19; 1 Peter 3:18
Points to Note:
Reminder, the story of Saul & David is Our Story:
- Saul: [Kingdoms of this world] Self-Centered, Demanding, Disobedient to God, Seeks His Own Glory
- David: [Kingdom of God] Other-Centered, Giving/Self-Sacrificing, Obedient to God, Seeks the Glory of God
Kingdom of Saul | Self-Absorbed and Insecure | Passing Away
- Every moment is about himself
- Everyone is suspect
- Everyone is a threat
- Willing to kill for his kingdom
- Estranged from everyone he loved
- On the road to self-destruction
Kingdom of David | Self-Less & Dependent on God | Arriving
- Wounded by the Lord
- Made useful to those wounded in the world
- Contrite, Compassionate, and Hungry for God
- Made ready to serve others
- In 2 Samuel 20:3-4, the sealing up of the concubines who were already raped by Absalom is in fact a way of protecting them in ancient times.
- Sheba symbolizes all those throughout the world who traffic in the spirit of rebellion for their own power.
- The entirety of the study on Joab taking a life, generations of blood guilt paid with Saul’s descendants, and Sheba dying for the sake of the city is joined together as an allegory of how Jesus pays the debt for cosmic rebellion we are suffering.
MY THOUGHTS ON OUR CURRENT CULTURAL MOMENT
- America is a great country. But it is not our home
- America has done more good for the Gospel message than any other country in history
- America is flawed… because people are sinners
- America is flawed… but it’s the only country we’ve got
- America needs a lot more SALT and LIGHT
The Bible is about JESUS.
- David points us to the King we need in a world saturated by rebellion.
- No one pursued justice as well as David.
- Jesus is the one who died and was exposed for our sins. And it is He who commands us to forgive all who sin against us.
Recognize the Following:
- You will have obstacles in life and people who hate you but if you study and work hard, chances are good that you will succeed and earn a life you can be proud of.
- The 30 days we have taken to celebrate “pride” in homosexuality, transgenderism, lesbianism, asexuality, and pansexuality is bracketed by 2 days: Memorial Day and Independence Day. Now, one of those days has been turned into a horrifying event for some.
- When the Bible describes something, it’s not prescribing it.
- The Bible is not anti-woman: more often than not in the Bible, you see women stopping men from doing foolish things.
- The Bible is pro-reparations such as exampled in making amends for wrongs or stolen items returned with interest in Exodus 22:1, Deuteronomy 15, and Luke 9:1-10. Unfortunately, we haven’t heard a real solution for how it would be administered. We must be careful not to apply passages like this to a nation in the secular realm.
- There is a God in heaven who is working for your justice and will bring it to a culmination on the last day.
Questions to Consider:
- Where do you notice “national hate” messaging?
- Are you ready to stand up and be the light and salt to the world around you?
- How do you feel about reparations? What do you think Biblically is the best way to handle past injustice?
- 🆕 New Segment: 10 Questions with Tim begins July 8th at Noon. Send your questions to email@example.com or post your question in the comments below.
- 🆕 Beginning August 25th: Deep Dive Bible Study with Tim Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm.
- 🆕 Season 5: Tim Hatch Live on The Deep End Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm beginning August 24th.
Viewer Questions: [You can always send us interesting news articles at firstname.lastname@example.org or text them to 508-316-9333 as well as ask any questions you may have (It’s anonymous!]