About This Project
Shout out to Derek Boyd who provided vocals on our show opener…@ https://linktr.ee/drockmusic_
There is more and more blatant intolerance on display: the intolerance of Christians, the intolerance of truth, the intolerance of biology, and the intolerance of parental authority are all working together to reshape American life. If this Country falls for it, the rest of the world will as well!
A church in Medford, Ma. was the subject of protests by the trans community and their LGBTQ allies letting them know that their views were not welcomed. What did the New England Baptist Church do to spark such a response? They displayed a sign on their property based on the Bible verse of Genesis 5:2. “MALE AND FEMALE / CREATED HE THEM / GEN 5.2 / GENDER IDENTITY SOLVED.”
The same people who claimed to be for tolerance, diversity, and inclusion have stopped hiding the fact that it is only their views that matter. The anti-Christian sentiment is only going to escalate from these secular progressives who want to annihilate the Biblical foundations of our society. The reason our young people are struggling so much with depression and anxiety is that these foundations have been pulled out from under them.
How should Christians respond? Be strong, courageous, and wise. The people who have hope in the afterlife are the happiest people on earth! Father, we pray You would keep forever Your purpose and thoughts for Your people and direct our hearts to You.
Plus we conclude the Life of David looking at the house that he built, what he left behind, and how it’s the only House you need.
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? ~Romans 8:31
Theme: The Temple: God’s Plan
Scriptures Studied: Romans 12:19-21, Genesis 3:16, 1 Chronicles 17, 1 Chronicles 22, Matthew 16:18, Ephesians 2:22, Ephesians 4:11-14, 1 Peter 2:5, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Chronicles 28, 1 Chronicles 29, Isaiah 9:6-7, Romans 8:31
What does the Bible say about selfishness?
Points to Note:
Reminder, the story of Saul & David is Our Story:
- Saul: [Kingdoms of this world] Self-Centered, Demanding, Disobedient to God, Seeks His Own Glory
- David: [Kingdom of God] Other-Centered, Giving/Self-Sacrificing, Obedient to God, Seeks the Glory of God
Kingdom of Saul | Self-Absorbed and Insecure | Passing Away
- Every moment is about himself
- Everyone is suspect
- Everyone is a threat
- Willing to kill for his kingdom
- Estranged from everyone he loved
- On the road to self-destruction
Kingdom of David | Self-Less & Dependent on God | Arriving
- Wounded by the Lord
- Made useful to those wounded in the world
- Contrite, Compassionate, and Hungry for God
- Made ready to serve others
- David is pointing to Jesus Who builds the ultimate spiritual house: the Church.
- The Cross is the war against Satan that brings peace to God’s House.
- The Old Testament points to who we are; people who are no longer at odds with God.
- Solomon is a picture of the Church now in the world: strong, courageous, and wise. This is not a season for us to falter.
- The Temple is a picture of heaven.
Ironic Result: In the name of “equality” MEN still RULE.
- Making sure biological men win Olympic competitions OVER women.
- Making sure biological men win beauty competitions OVER women.
- Making sure biological girls are given life altering drugs without parental consent during the confusing time of pre-pubescence.
- Making sure biological men can rape WOMEN in prisons.
The Life Of David In Sum:
- He’s Anointed In The Presence Of Angry Brothers
- He Defeats Our Goliath With The Weapon Of Death
- He Leads Us Out Of The Kingdom Of Self (Saul)
- He Fights Our Battles And Establishes Our Hope.
- He Draws God’s Faithful To Himself.
- He Provides The Sacrifice For The House Of God.
- He Establishes The Order/Structure Of God’s Temple.
Recognize the Following:
- CHRISTIAN ANTI-RACISTS LOVE TO CHERRY PICK SIN & SCRIPTURE “Only when the prevailing Culture thinks its sin will we go to the Bible to back them up.” What about the sin of abortion, the destruction of the family, or mockery of Christian sexuality?
- Ancient Kings were defined by the size of their palace and the size of their god’s temple. By implication it would tell the pagans that you were powerful and blessed by your god.
- The term “exceedingly magnificent” (1 Chron. 22:5) = stand out before the nations.
- Before you are saved, your enemy is God.
- The Lord appoints leader and teachers over you so you won’t be led astray by false doctrines.
- Beware of “sanctified selfishness”: we think we are serving God by doing godly things but we are really serving ourselves.
- Even if we don’t feel worthy, Christ makes us worthy.
- God thinks bigger that we think. We always limit what God can do.
Questions to Consider:
- How do you feel about churches posting signs which “confront” the audience or “ruffle” the feathers of unbelievers?
- Have you ever asked God for something that was totally noble and wondered why God wouldn’t give you this? What were your true motivations behind it?
- What are you going through right now that you feel like you can’t handle?
- Are you limiting what God can do?
- 📚 Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters by Abigail Shrier ISBN-10: 168451228X
- 🆕 New Segment: 10 Questions with Tim begins July 8th at Noon. Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your question in the comments below.
- 🆕 Beginning August 25th: Deep Dive Bible Study with Tim Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm.
- 🆕 Season 5: Tim Hatch Live on The Deep End Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm beginning August 24th.
Viewer Questions: [You can always send us interesting news articles at email@example.com or text them to 508-316-9333 as well as ask any questions you may have (It’s anonymous!]