About This Project
What would you do if you could ask God for anything?
What is wisdom?
When do we need wisdom?
How do we get wisdom?
What is wisdom’s ultimate purpose?
We’re going to study one of the most precious passages when it comes to wisdom in the Bible.
This is the place this is it where Solomon is given the “blank check moment” from God where God says, “Ask what you wish and I will give it to you.”
What would you do with that opportunity?
🚩Partner with us in sharing The Truth https://timhatchlive.com/support/ OR Cash App with cashtag: $timhatchlive
Key Verse: 1 Kings 3:9 (ESV) Give your servant therefore an understanding mind to govern your people, that I may discern between good and evil, for who is able to govern this your great people?”
Scriptures Studied: 1 Kings 3; Deuteronomy 17:16; Numbers 33:52; James 1:5; Proverbs 1:20-23; James 3:17
Kings 1 & 2 Facts:
- Author: Unkown
- Genre: Narrative History (400 years).
Theological History of Kings 1 & 2:
- Begins with David’s end (970 bc), Solomon’s building and ends with national devastation – exile to Babylon (561 bc).
- Good and Evil kings.
- Each king has an epitaph… did they follow the Lord or not?
- True and False Prophets abound.
- God rules all nations, not just Israel.
- The Main Theme: There is ONE God in Israel.
Talk About It:
- Solomon does NOT ask for GOD to do things but for the WISDOM to do GOD’S THINGS!
- Solomon’s wisdom is expressed in the presence of prostitutes.
- Solomon’s wisdom saves lives as he gives himself to those in desperate need.
Tap Into Truth:
- God does not wait for you to have wisdom to give you wisdom.
- Wisdom is waiting for you to admit you need it, understand it’s purpose and then implement its power on behalf of others.
WHEN is WISDOM necessary?
- At the moments of choice.
- When both choices seem the same.
- When the rules don’t help.
How to get wisdom:
- Love God and do things that show it.
- 1 Kings 3:3 (ESV) Solomon loved the Lord, walking in the statutes of David his father… 4 used to offer 1000 burnt offerings.
- Admit you need wisdom.
- 1 Kings 3:7 (ESV) I am but a little child. I do not know how to go out or come in.
- Understand wisdom’s purpose.
- 1 Kings 3:8-9 (ESV) your servant is in the midst of your people whom you have chosen, a great people… Who is able to cover this your great people?”
- Leverage wisdom for any whom God brings into your life.
- 1 Kings 3:16 (ESV) Then two prostitutes came to the king and stood before him.
WHAT does WISDOM look like?
1 Kings 3: 26-28 (ESV) Then the woman whose son was alive said to the king, because her heart yearned for her son, “Oh, my lord, give her the living child, and by no means put him to death.” But the other said, “He shall be neither mine nor yours; divide him.” 27 Then the king answered and said, “Give the living child to the first woman, and by no means put him to death; she is his mother.” 28 And all Israel heard of the judgment that the king had rendered, and they stood in awe of the king, because they perceived that the wisdom of God was in him to do justice.
- SO THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE
Questions to consider?
- If you had a “blank check moment” with God, what would you ask Him for?
- When is wisdom necessary?
- How does the Bible say you get wisdom?
- What does wisdom look like in my life?
- The hope of our faith is that God is here to meet flawed people. God meets us where we are, not where we expect to be.
- If you had your life together, you wouldn’t need wisdom. But because God knows you don’t have your life together, He’s always willing to answer your prayer for wisdom. So start asking today, where you are, with what you know. Then expect God to answer and use you where you are to help and serve others.
Tim Hatch Live: 3 Podcasts; 1 Location:
🎙 The Deep End is a weekly live podcast diving deeper into Faith, Politics, the Bible, and the world we live in
📖 Deep Dive Bible Study with Tim is a weekly Bible study on Romans
❓ 10 Questions with Tim live Q&A segment with theological answers to the real struggles
👉 “Ask Us Anything” Text 508-316-9333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org 😊
Partner with us at https://timhatchlive.com/support/ OR on the Cash App with cashtag: $timhatchlive
Follow Us @timhatchlive:
🔵 RUMBLE 🔵 FACEBOOK 🔵 TWITTER 🔵 INSTAGRAM 🔵 TIKTOK