About This Project
If you destroy the family, you destroy a nation.
This is one of the most important episodes that I have to offer you. What we’re going to talk about today on the deep dive is fundamental to who we are as a society, as a community, and as a nation.
By destroy, I mean you redefine a nation. That is that is what we are experiencing with the Cultural Revolution happening in America right now.
Civilization cannot be sustained when parents lose authority over their children.
We are in #5 of the 10 commandments and you might know what that one is. It’s about parents. It’s about honoring fathers and mothers.
Why is it so important to honor your father and mother? Let’s dig in to God’s Law and find out how the commandment holds civilization together.
☑️ You can partner with us to get the message out and become a monthly sponsor at https://timhatchlive.com/support/ OR on the Cash App with cashtag: $timhatchlive
✳20% of all giving will be tithed back out to The American Bible Society and Project Rescue.
▶ Is it better to be childless DINK? [3:45]
▶ Why is it important to honor your father and mother? [6:15]
▶ How do cultural revolutions happen? [7:35]
▶ How is the cultural revolution happening in America? [10:56]
▶ Why did God say you need to honor your father and mother? [18:15]
▶ Who is God addressing in Commandment number 5 honor father and mother? [23:20]
▶ What does the word honor mean? [31:15]
▶ What does the word reverence mean? [22:00]
▶ How to demonstrate holiness? [37:15]
▶ What does it mean whoever curses or strikes their father or mother should be put to death? [43:27]
▶ What is the Law of the Unfair Father? [45:35]
▶ How did Jesus rebuke the pharisees about honor your father and mother? [55:14]
▶ How are parents responsible to be honorable? [57:35]
▶ What is at the heart of every Atheist? [59:00]
▶ What does it mean to honor authority? [1:05:32]
▶ How to honor parents who are hard to honor? [1:05:36]
👍 👍 👍 Pastor Recommends 👏 👏 👏
Faith of the Fatherless: The Psychology of Atheism by Dr. Paul C. Vitz ISBN-13 : 978-1586176877
Exodus 20:12 (ESV) “Honor your father and your mother,that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
Scriptures Studied: Psalm 127:3-4; Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 5:16; Proverbs 23:22; Ephesians 6:1-3; Colossians 3:20; 2 Timothy 3:1-2
- ORIGINAL HEARERS: Adults in the community with parents who could no longer provide economic assets
- ORIGINAL INTENT: The weaker members of society will be honored in God’s community
- HONOR: kabed be heavy, grievous, hard, rich, honorable
- PUNISHABLE BY DEATH DEATH: disconnection from community
A LAW to PARENTS:
- Conduct yourself inHONORABLE fashion.
- LOVE your SPOUSE Be HONORED by your children.
- You are honoring the place of authority.
- You are acknowledging the place of authority in the home.
- You are first beholden to the family you came from.
- You (may) one day have a family that should honor you.
- Your children are going to watch how you treat your parents.
How to relate to wrong parents
- Pray for them.
- Pray for their salvation.
- Disagree directly to them with respect.
- Thoughtfully and Biblically point out their error.
- Be extremely mindful of how you speak about them in the presence of others (most notably, your own children).
10 Words joining God in recreating:
- No one closer to us than Him.
- No image to diminish Him in our minds.
• Imaging Him as community of care for one another.
- No living as if He wasn’t God and involved with us.
- No endless work but a goal-oriented pursuit of joy.
• There is a target destination for the people of God.
- Establish a culture of Honor with those before you.
- Leviticus 19:1–4 (ESV) And the Lord spoke to Moses,
saying, 2 “Speak to all the congregation of the people of
Israel and say to them, You shall be holy, for I the Lord your
God am holy. 3 Every one of you shall revere his mother and
his father, and you shall keep my Sabbaths: I am the Lord
your God. 4 Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any
gods of cast metal: I am the Lord your God.
- Leviticus 20:8–9 (ESV) Keep my statutes and do them; I
am the Lord who sanctifies you. 9 For anyone who curses his
father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has
cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.
Reverence is a Godly value for a healthy community.
- Proverbs 16:31 (ESV) Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.
Punishable in life
- Proverbs 30:17 (ESV) The eye that mocks a father and
scorns to obey a mother will be picked out by the ravens of
the valley and eaten by the vultures.
- Judges 16:21 (ESV) And the Philistines seized him and
gouged out his eyes and brought him down to Gaza and
Punishable by death
- Exodus 21:15–17 (ESV) “Whoever strikes his father or his
mother shall be put to death. 16 “Whoever steals a man and
sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be
put to death. 17 “Whoever curses his father or his mother
shall be put to death.
- Deuteronomy 21:18–21 (ESV) “If a man has a stubborn and
rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or
the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will
not listen to them, 19 then his father and his mother shall
take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city
at the gate of the place where he lives, 20 and they shall say
to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and
rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a
drunkard.’ 21 Then all the men of the city shall stone him to
death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your
midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Law of the Unfair Father
- Deuteronomy 21:15–17 (ESV) “If a man has two wives, the
one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the
unloved have borne him children, and if the firstborn son
belongs to the unloved, 16 then on the day when he assigns
his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat
the son of the loved as the firstborn in preference to the son
of the unloved, who is the firstborn, 17 but he shall
acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving
him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the
firstfruits of his strength. The right of the firstborn is his.
Abused in Jesus’ Day
- Matthew 15:3–9 (ESV) He answered them, “And why do you break the
commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God
commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Whoever reviles
father or mother must surely die.’ 5 But you say, ‘If anyone tells his father
or his mother, “What you would have gained from me is given to God,” 6
he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have
made void the word of God. 7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy
of you, when he said: 8 “ ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their
heart is far from me; 9 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines
the commandments of men.’ ”
⬇️ NEWS LINKS ⬇️
- There’s Never Been a Better Tim to be a DINK https://www.businessinsider.com/net-worth-dink-child-free-couples-win-the-economy-2023-10?op=1
- Red Fever and Fiery Spirit: The Role of the Youth in China’s Cultural Revolution https://chariotjournal.wordpress.com/2021/03/15/red-fever-and-fiery-spirit/
- History How Hitler Youth Turned a Generation of Kids Into Nazis https://www.history.com/news/how-the-hitler-youth-turned-a-generation-of-kids-into-nazis
- The Slow and Tragic Death of the Boy Scouts of America https://wng.org/opinions/the-slow-and-tragic-death-of-the-boy-scouts-of-america-1694581485
- Los Angeles Elementary Schools with students as young as five will celebrate National Coming Out Day Los Angeles Elementary Schools with students as young as five will celebrate National Coming Out Day
- Oregon again says students don’t need to prove mastery of reading, writing, or math to graduate citing harm to students of color https://www.oregonlive.com/education/2023/10/oregon-again-says-students-dont-need-to-prove-mastery-of-reading-writing-or-math-to-graduate-citing-harm-to-students-of-color.html
- Qatar’s War for Young American Minds https://www.thefp.com/p/qatars-war-for-young-american-minds?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=260347&post_id=138260656&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=false&r=bcowk&utm_medium=email