About This Project
“The Church must not turn itself into a stage.” – John Stott
The Church must cultivate a culture of genuine love while responding to external hatred with peace as much as possible. It is a messy and challenging yet vital and essential community seeking to exemplify the love of God among its members and to our world.
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. ~Romans 12: 9-11
☑️SUPPORT THIS CONTENT at https://timhatchlive.com/support/ OR on the Cash App with cashtag: $timhatchlive
▶ What Romans 12 meant explained [1:50]
▶ What Romans 12 means explained [41:37]
▶ Why Romans 12 matters explained [48:56]
Scriptures Studied: Romans 12:9-21; Matthew 22:37-40; 1 Corinthians 12:25-26; Matthew 5:9
Points to Note:
“Hope” is not wishful thinking.
What Christians do in relation to each other:
What Christians do in response to enemies:
A PORTRAIT OF Christian relationships: Romans 12:9-16
- PASSIONATE for GOD’S WORK.
- HOPEFUL and ENDURING.
- GENEROUS and HOSPITABLE.
A PORTRAIT OF EXTERNAL relationships: Romans 12:17-21
- RETURNING GOOD for EVIL.
- TRUSTING GOD’S JUSTICE.
- EVEN SERVING OUR ENEMY.
What does surrender “Look Like”?
- Humility = an honest estimation of self.
- COMMUNITY = A DEEP ABIDING COMMITMENT to the BODY.
- ACTIVITY = USING OUR GIFTS TO BLESS AND BENEFIT THE BODY OF CHRIST.
- GENUINE LOVE = honestly loving others.
- PEACE-MAKING = toward external hostility.
Romans 9-11 OUTLINE:
- Romans 9 | Israel’s past election.
- Romans 10 | Israel’s present rejection.
- Romans 11 | Israel’s future restoration.
- Romans 1-11 “Theology of Salvation by Grace through Faith in Christ”
- Romans 12-15 “Practical Implications Of that Reality In the Church”
👏👏👏 Pastor Tim Recommends 🔥🔥🔥
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand ISBN-13 : 978-0812974492
Tim Hatch Live: 3 Podcasts; 1 Location:
- 🎙 The Deep End is a weekly live podcast diving deeper into Faith, Politics, the Bible, and the world we live in so we can live life with more meaning and less freaking out. Live on Tuesday nights at 7:30 EST or on your favorite podcast app anytime.
- 📖 Deep Dive Bible Study with Tim is a weekly Bible devotional study to help refocus your week and purpose as a child of God. The book of Romans, live on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 EST.
- ❓ 10 Questions with Tim is a question and answer segment that provides theological answers to the real struggles all Christians face. Live First Thursdays at Noon EST.
Viewer Questions: [You can always send us interesting news articles at firstname.lastname@example.org text them to 508-316-9333 as well as ask any questions you may have (It’s anonymous!)
🔵 WATCH MORE: https://timhatchlive.com/
🔵 RUMBLE: https://timhatchlive.com/rumble
🔵 FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/timhatchlive
🔵 TWITTER: https://twitter.com/timhatchlive
🔵 INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/timhatchlive/