About This Project
How are Christians supposed to regard Government? The Church must exhibit both a COOPERATION with civil authority and also have the COURAGE to challenge them when necessary.
2 Peter 2:9-10
The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority.
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
God’s Institutions for Order in the Word:
- The HOME (Gen. 2:18–25)
- The GOVERNMENT (Gen. 9:1–17)
- The CHURCH (Acts 2)
God does not ask us to RESPECT what every authority figure embodies or does, but He does ask us to RESPECT the OFFICE of the authority figure. What does “Exceptional citizenship” look like?
Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
☑️SUPPORT THIS CONTENT at https://timhatchlive.com/support/ OR on the Cash App with cashtag: $timhatchlive
▶ What Romans 13 meant explained [2:12]
▶ What Romans 13 means explained [38:40]
▶ Why Romans 13 matters explained [53:10]
Scriptures Studied: Romans 13:1-14; 2 Peter 2:9-10; John 5:19; Genesis 2:18-25; Genesis 9:1-17; Acts 2; Daniel 4:17; Exodus 22:25-27; Exodus 1:15-21; Daniel 3:8-12; Daniel 3:16-18; Daniel 6:8-11; Acts 4:17-21; Acts 5:29; 1 Peter 2:13-17; Hebrews 11:33-40
Points to Note:
Church-State: Four Views:
- Erastianism- State controls church.
- Theocracy- Church controls state.
- Constantinianism- state favors church, church accommodates state.
- Partnership- respectable recognition, each understands their God-given role in society and collaboration occurs.
There is a time and place for CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE:
- When GOV incites violence against an innocent person (Exodus 1 / Esther).
- When GOV restricts worship (Nebuchadnezzar).
- When GOV forces uncompromising allegiance to the state (Darius).
- When GOV restricts the exercise of evangelistic expression (Acts 4).
Romans 9-11 OUTLINE:
- Romans 9 | Israel’s past election.
- Romans 10 | Israel’s present rejection.
- Romans 11 | Israel’s future restoration.
- Romans 1-11 “Theology of Salvation by Grace through Faith in Christ”
- Romans 12-15 “Practical Implications Of that Reality In the Church”
Tim Hatch Live: 3 Podcasts; 1 Location:
- 🎙 The Deep End is a weekly live podcast diving deeper into Faith, Politics, the Bible, and the world we live in so we can live life with more meaning and less freaking out. Live on Tuesday nights at 7:30 EST or on your favorite podcast app anytime.
- 📖 Deep Dive Bible Study with Tim is a weekly Bible devotional study to help refocus your week and purpose as a child of God. The book of Romans, live on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 EST.
- ❓ 10 Questions with Tim is a question and answer segment that provides theological answers to the real struggles all Christians face. Live First Thursdays at Noon EST.
Viewer Questions: [You can always send us interesting news articles at firstname.lastname@example.org text them to 508-316-9333 as well as ask any questions you may have (It’s anonymous!)
🔵 WATCH MORE: https://timhatchlive.com/
🔵 RUMBLE: https://timhatchlive.com/rumble
🔵 FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/timhatchlive
🔵 TWITTER: https://twitter.com/timhatchlive
🔵 INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/timhatchlive/